Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Grand Prix GT Problems

Visiting Guest

12-10-04, 09:23 AM   #1  
Chrisg001
2000 Grand Prix GT Problems

Hello
I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT V6 and am having some i believe transmission problems. When i drive after a while the trasmission seems to jerk. This happens most of the time when the temperature guage has gone well above the 180 degree mark maybe to 210-215. It seems to rev a little bit before it kicks in. Only happens from first to second and no other gear really. I had a recall about a bad connection in the cooling system and replaced that through a dealer. Replaced the tranny fluid twice and filter.
Also i have a shimmiy up and down in the steering once over 35 mph and gets worse as i go faster i had an alignment in lat july but has been doing this since about 2 weeks after.

If you can help please do
Thanks
Chris Grocholski

Sponsored Links

12-10-04, 10:56 AM   #2  
The shimmy is probably due to unbalanced tires.
The other may be a bad temperature sensor, but I don't know much about that car...

12-10-04, 03:48 PM   #3  
Have it checked for codes if the trans is slipping a code should be set in memory.You could also have some other sensor problem causing a trans symptom.Autozone will read the codes for free.

Search this Thread