2002 Civic

Old 12-10-04, 10:58 AM
2002 Civic

I have a 2002 Civic with a "Maintence Required" light on. Suposedely that can be reset (it's different then the "Check Engine" light. How exactly do I do it? I browsed through the manual, but it doesn't mention anything about it.

George

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-04, 03:32 PM
1. Turn off Engine
2. Press and hold select/reset button in the instrument paqnel, then turn the ignition switch on (position II)
3. Hold the select/reset button for at least 10 seconds, until the indicator resets.

Old 12-10-04, 03:35 PM
Smile

Look in the index under maintenance required indicator.
For my 03 it starts on page 67 but the reset info is on page 68.
If the 02 is the same as the 03 -----
1. Turn off engine
2. Press & hold select/reset knob on the insturment panel, then turn the ign. switch ON (II).
3. Hold the knob in until the indicator resets (approx. 10 seconds)

It is amazing what you can find in the owner's manual, but it is not always easy.

Not defending or approving but for those who are interested.

Honda recomends for 2003 Civic under normal service oil change every 10,000 miles and filter every 20,000 miles.

Under severe service oil change every 5,000 miles and filter every 10,000 miles.

Oil change intervals have been fiercly discussed here before. I have no intent to go down that road again. I only posted this as information for those that may be interested. This is directly from Honda not from me.

Old 12-10-04, 08:13 PM
Thanks everyone for their reply. After reading the replys I re-read the manual and found the information. I guess I skipped it the first time and went for the nice tables at the back.

Search this Thread