91 Buick Century engine swap

Old 12-16-04, 07:38 PM
Ravenkil
Visiting Guest
91 Buick Century engine swap

I have a 91 buick century with a 2.5. I was wondering if the 3.3 v6 for that year would be hard to swap in there. Please let me know what all i would have to do. The engine in it now either needs a new oil pump system or crank bearings. The garage said $800 to do the oil pump and the part was $300 by itself. Also the car only has 47k miles on it and it is a shame. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any help or ideas.

randy

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-04, 05:07 AM
it is usually more trouble and expense than what it would be worth to replace the engine with anything other than the same size as whats installed in it now.
wiring harness, computer, mounts would all have to be changed not to mention it is a 91 model and has little book value anyway.
if it only has 47k miles I would imagine the bearings are not worn out assuming they wasnt damaged from driving or running the vehicle with little to no oil pressure and may even have a restricted or clogged pickup screen as this car has obviously been sitting alot more than it was ever driven.
might get several estimates on removing the oil pan for further inspection of the bearings, oil pump and screen, before deciding whether it is worth fixing.

Search this Thread