Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Antennae motor

Visiting Guest

12-19-04, 08:35 PM   #1  
marsbar
Antennae motor

I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX, the motor that raises/lowers the antennae does raise/lower the antennae but has developed a "clicking" noise when the antennae reaches the up or down position and the noise will not stop. I had to uplug the wire in the trunk to get it to stop. Anyone know what may be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks, marsbar

Sponsored Links

12-20-04, 03:36 AM   #2  
there is a switch that kicks the motor off when the antenna reaches it up or down position if you dont get anymore replies from someone familiar with honda power antenna's you may see the dealer to see if the switch is a servicable part, if it is not servicable it usually requires replacement of the power antenna unit.

Visiting Guest

12-21-04, 09:46 PM   #3  
marsbar
Antennea motor

Thanks BJ for the info, I'll follow up with the dealer.

VA

12-22-04, 10:31 AM   #4  
Heads up!

You may find that dealer prices for this antenna will be WAY more than you thought! I had good luck with AntennaMastsRUs.com- bought from them through EBay, but that website is the same operation. Fast and friendly, with technical advice if you're going to DIY.

It isn't difficult to replace this unit, but it may take some figuring out time.

Good luck!

Search this Thread