99 Ford Taurus heater

Old 12-22-04, 04:05 PM
99 Ford Taurus heater

I have no heat. Replaced the thermostat then checked to make sure I didn't put it in back wards. Everything is correct. The hoses running through the fire wall are cold but the bypass & the rest of the hoses are hot,including the hose from the radiator to the thermostat & out of the thermostat. 99 Ford Taurus 3.0 liter 6 cyl. OHV engine. 46000miles , never been flushed. Maybe clogged heater coil. I have the Haynes for it , but it doesn't mention anything but the thermostat. Any help or trouble shooting web site is appreciated.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-04, 05:42 PM
Remove the hoses from the heater core and flush it with a garden hose.Reinstall the hoses.add some more coolant and see what happens.

Old 12-24-04, 07:05 AM
Johnc280
Visiting Guest
Common Problem on Fords

Most likely your blend door is broken and stuck in the cold position. This is very common for Fords. The repair used to require the replacement of the entire heater box but now you can buy just a replacement blend door. Putting it in on the other hand is a tremendous amount of work.

Good luck

Johnny

Old 12-24-04, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the advice. Due to holiday & the weather I won't be able to try these until Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes. Is there a web site that explains how to get to the heater box?

Old 12-24-04, 10:36 AM
flushing may help also check with your local dealer for any technical service bullitons related to the cooling system it may have updated parts such as hoses and water pump, as they had some cooling system problems.

Old 01-03-05, 07:51 AM
I flushed the heater coil and that did the trick. I hope that blend door never goes. That looks like an all day job. Thanks for your help. You guys are great.