Honda Gas Door Stuck

Old 12-24-04, 04:22 PM
redidoc
Visiting Guest
Honda Gas Door Stuck

Is there any hints on opening the fuel door for honda accord, thought it was frozen put in heated garage and cable still won't open the donr also the truck cable is not working. Any suggestions, is there a manual release??

Last edited by redidoc; 12-24-04 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-04, 06:47 PM
What year-model Honda do you have.

Old 12-24-04, 09:07 PM
redidoc
Visiting Guest
1999 accord v6

Old 12-25-04, 09:45 AM
Since they are both not working I suspect a problem at the lever. Does yours have 2 seprate levers or 1 lever for both functions? Try taking the plastic cover off and see if you can see a problem like something broken or maybe something has gotten inthere and jamed the mechanism.

Check your owners manual. I believe there should be a manual release for the gas door inside the fender between the gas door and the rear of the car. I expect there is a trunk release inside the trunk near the latch. You should be able to fold down the back seat to get in the trunk.

Old 12-25-04, 06:12 PM
redidoc
Visiting Guest
thanks, i took off the cover and saw the cable had broken, didn't see manual release so had to get from the trunk removing the carpet covers, at least i can fill it up, guess i need professional help to put in a new cable, looks like quite a job, i appreciate your speedy help.