Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1996 Mazda 626 - gas odour

Visiting Guest

12-26-04, 04:35 PM   #1  
Mully
1996 Mazda 626 - gas odour

I have recently noticed a strong gas odour filling up my garage once my car is parked and has cooled down. There is no visble signs of gas pooling on garage floor just a pungent gas odour. No signs of gas consumption increase as well.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-28-04, 10:59 AM   #2  
marvinhilton
Check all the rubber gasoline hoses under the hood. They will sometimes crack, often a pattern like cracking, due to age and engine heat. Sometimes short sections of the hose will be covered with a spiral like plastic cover, so be sure to slide these back or pull them off and look for cracks and dampness. Especially look for hoses in the back of the engine compartment in the firewall area where the heat is often the highest.

TX

12-28-04, 01:56 PM   #3  
Overfill?

Do you over fill the tank because it could get sucked back into the carbon canister under the hood and you would smell fuel.
Dont overfill tank stop when it clicks off(no more)Well just enough to round the amount off like 4 cents is ok.

Search this Thread