who is an excellent source for wiring diagrams?

Old 12-27-04, 10:42 PM
OakIsland
Visiting Guest
who is an excellent source for wiring diagrams?

The wiring diagram in my Chilton's manual is nearly useless--it identifies various wire colors and general concept blocks but that's it.

So, what book series or CD would you recommend so that I can see far more detailed schematics?

When my mechanic was working on my oxygen sensor problem, he had a great printout (I assume from CD) of the circuit and it was pretty easy for me to see a direct relationship between the schematic and the physical wire bundles and junctions under the hood. That's what I want.

Suggestions? I'm looking for info for a 1993 Dodge Caravan.
Thanks, OakIsland

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-04, 11:21 PM
well your mechanic likely had one of several cd's manuals such as all data, chilton online, or shopkey and you can get a subscription for your vehicle at all data that would give you access to all the wiring diagrams for one vehicle.
as per detail it can vary from the different brands and depends alot on your prefrence and how well you can read a wiring diagram.
as per buying the cd's they are expensive and not really an option for someone that doesn't work on cars everyday.
might call around some shops and see if they will print you off a diagram.

Old 12-28-04, 02:17 AM
A lot will depend on just which diagram you are looking at. If you use a diagram for a specific circuit, it will generally only show you wiring from that circuit even though there are many more wires bundle with them. Using a more general schematic will show more circuits but be harder to follow. There are basically 3 styles of schematics and I can't remember all the differences. The most common one your going to find is a block style with power sources on top and grounds to the bottom. That style is usually the easiest to read also.

Old 12-28-04, 07:26 AM
not excellent but helpful

try the autozone web page

i found it helpful when working on a '93 taurus and the price was exactlly what I wanted to pay

http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...3d8010cca4.jsp

Old 12-28-04, 11:16 PM
OakIsland
Visiting Guest
All great advice. Thanks to you three for the details you offered!

OakIsland