Damp Floor in Car

Old 12-28-04, 01:50 PM
Damp Floor in Car

Hello All-

I have a 1998 Chevy Prizm. It's a 4-Door.

Here's my problem(s): The passenger side rear floor carpet keeps getting wet when it rains. I can't tell where the water is getting in at. Any suggestions on where I might look?

I don't know if this is related, but the trunk gets a lot of water in it, too (7 or 8 inches sometimes). So much so that I've removed the drain plugs.

Thanks
N Dennison

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 02:07 PM
A garden hose is the best way to find leaks but you need to start down low and work your way up.Sounds like you may have a leak in the rear window because it would leak in both areas.If you find it is leaking check with a glass shop to reseal it so you don't break it.It takes 2 people to check for the leak 1 inside the car trunk(with a bright flashlight)and 1 on the outside with a hose.There are no easy shortcuts to water leaks being repaired but you need to fix it before you get wiring proplems or rotting of metal or the carpet.The carpet and padding need removed,shampooed,dried and reinstalled after the leak is repaired if it got the least bit damp to the touch.

Old 12-28-04, 02:46 PM
Y'know I bet you're right about that rear window. Yes, it is definitely damp...sometimes sopping damp.

Thanks!