Starting Problem(electrical)

Old 12-28-04, 02:11 PM
memito4267
Visiting Guest
Starting Problem(electrical)

I have a hard time starting my car when it rains and when it sits for more than a day. Today I took it to Sears auto and was told I have a leak of electricity of some sort. He conducted a test with a screwdriver with a lightbulb and wire. The technician said that the light should not be that bright. What can I do? Should I just take it to a technician. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 03:04 PM
Please tell us make/model/year/engine/trans and try to be more specific when you say it won't start.Does the engine crank over or is the battery dead?

Old 12-31-04, 05:05 PM
memito4267
Visiting Guest
My vehicle is a 97 Chevy GMT400 Pickup, automatic, 6 Cylinder engine. It cranks over and starts eventually but drains alot of the battery until it finally starts. Thanx.

Old 01-01-05, 04:27 AM
I would start with a fuel pressure test in the morning and see what the pressure is.If you want you can pull a hose off the air intake,shoot in some starting fluid,reattach the hose and see if it starts right away.If it starts quick it likely needs a fuel pump.If you use the starting fluid method have a fire extinguisher handy just in case it backfires.