Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starting Problem(electrical)

Visiting Guest

12-28-04, 02:11 PM   #1  
memito4267
Starting Problem(electrical)

I have a hard time starting my car when it rains and when it sits for more than a day. Today I took it to Sears auto and was told I have a leak of electricity of some sort. He conducted a test with a screwdriver with a lightbulb and wire. The technician said that the light should not be that bright. What can I do? Should I just take it to a technician. Please help!

Sponsored Links

12-28-04, 03:04 PM   #2  
Please tell us make/model/year/engine/trans and try to be more specific when you say it won't start.Does the engine crank over or is the battery dead?

Visiting Guest

12-31-04, 05:05 PM   #3  
memito4267
My vehicle is a 97 Chevy GMT400 Pickup, automatic, 6 Cylinder engine. It cranks over and starts eventually but drains alot of the battery until it finally starts. Thanx.

01-01-05, 04:27 AM   #4  
I would start with a fuel pressure test in the morning and see what the pressure is.If you want you can pull a hose off the air intake,shoot in some starting fluid,reattach the hose and see if it starts right away.If it starts quick it likely needs a fuel pump.If you use the starting fluid method have a fire extinguisher handy just in case it backfires.

Search this Thread