Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

noise...again

Visiting Guest

12-29-04, 02:05 PM   #1  
stinkydave
noise...again

Hey, I just recently replaced my front hub assemblies on my car, 1998 cavalier, today I was driving the car around and I took a left and the car made a noise. After that the car started making a noise while drive....again. This noise is different than the constant roar I was getting with the wheel bearings. Now it sounds like something is rubbing/grinding and is porportional to the speed of the car. the noise is on and off until you get going faster then it just becomes more of a constant noise. Does that sound like the hub assemblie is going again or a loose lug nut or something. I was also thinking that it might be a broken strut or cv shaft. However the noise doesn't stat until the car gets to about 20mph and there is no clicking while turning. Any ideas would really help. Thanks

I just took the car for another drive and the brakes seemed kinda soft when I started driveing. I am thinking maybe I have a bad caliper that is sticking.

I hate my car.

Last edited by stinkydave; 12-29-04 at 02:58 PM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-30-04, 10:05 AM   #2  
stinkydave
hey, I just took off the tire and it seems that the metal where the lug nuts contact it is worn and some of the lug nuts are worn as well. I am going to try to find a new wheel and see if that works.

12-30-04, 02:28 PM   #3  
Make sure you torque them properly this time to avoid a repeat failure.Spec is 100 lb ft.

NC

12-30-04, 02:46 PM   #4  
I'd rotate the front and rear wheels and lug nuts 1st to see if that makes a difference, or just swap the lug nuts at 1st, before buying a new wheel.

Search this Thread