Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1990 F150 window motor install help

01-03-05, 08:44 PM   #1  
1990 F150 window motor install help

I have a 1990 Ford F-150 Lariat, the drivers side window motor gears are bad, I have to help window up. I am just going to install new motor because I can get one for $50 at auto store. I took door panel off and looked and there is four rivets that look like they hold the regulator or gear to door. It looks like the window motor is mounted to the regulator inside panel. Do you take rivets out on regulator and pull it and window motor out together. Then replace motor then put back in or is there a way to get window motor out only. I have searched this website and it has said something about dimples in metal of panel to drill to get access to the window motor bolts. Is this correct? Is the window motor bolted on or is it riveted. Any help with this or website with directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

01-03-05, 10:29 PM   #2  
There should be 3 dimples that should be drilled out with a 1/2" drill bit. Than use a 5/16" socket and ratchet to loosen motor. remove speaker and remove window motor.

Search this Thread