Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2001 ford ranger anti lock brakes

Visiting Guest

01-03-05, 10:20 PM   #1  
jwilliewonka
2001 ford ranger anti lock brakes

Help!
I replaced front rotors, and pads. Now I have a ABS warning light that comes on only once I have moved the truck. I suspect that it is a sensor not reading one of the sensor rings (reason) when I installed the new wheel seal I hit the sensor ring tilting it, I did straighten it out but is was not in the same position as before. Also when I pushed the pistons back into the calipers I opened the bleeder valve so as not to overflow the master cylinder resivoir. Any sugestions or should I just hang my head and take it to the dealer?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

01-03-05, 10:32 PM   #2  
It could be that sensor ring but I have seen alot of rear speed sensors go bad. That would not related to the repair you did. Need to pull codes from the ABS system.

01-04-05, 04:22 AM   #3  
If you cracked or dented that reluctor ring it could make the light come on.Also both new rotors need to be the same brand I had trouble by changing just 1 rotor several years ago.

Visiting Guest

01-04-05, 09:19 AM   #4  
jwilliewonka
Thanks guys, Looks like it is time to take it to the dealer.

Search this Thread