Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lebaron 1993 stall when hot outside!!

Visiting Guest

01-03-05, 10:52 PM   #1  
axemat
Lebaron 1993 stall when hot outside!!

Greetings,

My 1993 convertible Lebaron, with a Mitsubishi 3.0V6, stall on stops, corners and red lights when the temperautre outside is hot!!

I've changed the O2 sensor, the TPS, the AIC, the fuel pump, and the EGR valve within the past two years and the problem persists.

I've also changed air filters several times, cleaned out my injectors with injector fluid and by hand (!), changed the plugs and the distributor cap along with the wires, AND the selenoid!

The only way I could get rid of the stalling was by removing the valves in my gas cap!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, is smells gas when we slow down of stop ...

What should I do next? Fuel pressure regulator, input/output distance sensors ... WHAT WHAT WHAT?

Please help me on this, I'm tired and fed up. The worst part is that it purrs like a kitten under 20 degreees celius even with a new gas cap (still stalls with the new gas cap in hot weather) which is many tims too cold to open the top.

I feel that a pressure build up in the tank in hot weather is the cause but it should not be resolved bu removing the gas cap, there has to be something else.

Desperately looking for insight ...

Axemat

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-04-05, 12:25 AM   #2  
z999
How hot does the engine get ?
Is it leaking coolant ?
Does it use coolant ?

Visiting Guest

01-04-05, 03:53 PM   #3  
axemat
Engine temp normal

Actually the engine temperature is just fine and I'm sure about this one as I've also changd the charge temperature sensor as well as putting a thermostat that is cooler than stock for Canadian suggested for weather.

I've looked for the intack air temperature sensor but according to Haynes full take down, I do not have the one indicated!

It only spills engne and transmission oil hehehe ... why? what are you thinking about?

Axemat

Search this Thread