Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Steering

DE

01-04-05, 05:07 AM   #1  
Power Steering

Folks;
I have a 2000 chrysler 300m. I am loseing power steering fluid. The pump and steering box are dry. The only place Isee that may be the leak is coming from
a hose tied in to the top side (drivers side) of my radiator. I can't tell were this hose goes since I lose it when it goes under the resevoir. The two hoses
under the rersevoir seem dry. I purchase a haynes manual but it doesn't show this hose on the power steering section.My questions are Does any hoses from the power steering tie into the radiator and if so is there any books I can buy to help a backyard mechanic change these hoses. I have to
fill the power steering resevoir at least once a week. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ron

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

01-04-05, 08:09 AM   #2  
I think my dad has a similar problem on his 96 Stratus 2.5L V6. He has a hose attached at the radiator and he periodically has to tighten the clamp or it leaks. I think it was power steering.

01-04-05, 01:19 PM   #3  
That should be a transmission line going into the radiator. Follow the hoses from the pump down to the rack and pinion. If the hoses aren't leaking, then it's likely the rack and pinion that is leaking.

Search this Thread