Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Turn signals keep blowing fuses

Visiting Guest

01-07-05, 09:51 AM   #1  
saul2
Turn signals keep blowing fuses

1995 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton 305 v8 2wd. Driving home from work one night turn signals quit working. Replace fuse, next day 1/2 way to work no turn signals. Replace fuse, do errands around town everything works rest of day. Next day 1/2 way to work no turn signals. Everything else works including hazard flashers. Any help would be appreciated. You Guys have helped me a bunch in the past. Thanks so much. Saul2

Sponsored Links

TX

01-08-05, 03:14 PM   #2  
trailer harrness

Do you have a trailer wire harrness?I have seen lots of them cause problems like what you said.Make sure all the connections are good and no wires hanging out making shorts.

Visiting Guest

01-11-05, 04:01 PM   #3  
saul2
No Trailer wiring harness. I'm wandering if the short might be in the switch on the column since the hazard flashers still work. Along with everything else????????????????

NC

01-11-05, 08:45 PM   #4  
The short could be anywhere from the switch to the turn signal flasher.

TX

01-12-05, 05:22 AM   #5  
disconnect

I think you can disconnect the rear wire harness from the front.You might try that to isolate if it is in the rear or fwd part.You will need to get a wire diagram also if you do not see any apparent shorts.

Search this Thread