98 Ford Truck Transmission - backup light removal

Old 01-08-05, 10:26 AM
powjunkie
Visiting Guest
98 Ford Truck Transmission - backup light removal

I'm replacing a clutch on a 5speed with a 4.2L V6. There is a copper looking connection going into the driver's side front of the transmission that I believe is the backup light sensor. I can't figure out how to disconnect it.

The new pilot bearing assy from the dealership has the connection point (inside the bellhousing) for this cable, but it has a type of connector I'm unfamiliar with and don't want to break it.

Please help!!

Old 01-08-05, 12:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hydraulic Line?

Is that not the Hydraulic Line for the Slave cylinder? There should be a WHITE plastic sleeve around that fitting. You can take to small screw drivers on opposite sides and push that sleeve into the slave cylinder part and that releases the line. You will have to pull on the line at the same time.

Old 01-09-05, 07:46 AM
powjunkie
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

Yep, you're exactly right. I feel like a moron for not figuring out that it was a hydraulic line. The book I was using had a pic of a backup light line at that same location...

I ended up calling the dealership yesterday cuz the forum looked like it was having some tech issues.

Anyway, they told me to do the same thing and it worked great. It's all back together now, just need to bleed the line.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: