Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wet Mazda

Visiting Guest

01-09-05, 07:34 AM   #1  
Johnnie Y
Wet Mazda

I need help locating leak on my 1998 Mazda (Ford Ranger) PU. The bottom of the head liner behind driver and messenger is soaked when it rains. My first thought was the cab rear taillight, but the gasket and fit appears fine. How and where did this leak come from? How can I locate/fix this leak?
Thanks in Advance,
Johnnie Y

Sponsored Links

01-09-05, 08:38 AM   #2  
Just because a seal appears intact doesnít mean itís good. The water test is the only qualifier. Could also be your rear window? Do you have a sunroof?

Water leaks are found by running a hose on the outside while looking on the inside.

Remove interior parts to gain access to locate the leak. Start the hose low and work your way up.

Visiting Guest

01-09-05, 08:48 AM   #3  
Johnnie Y
Wet Mazda

Thanks Larry,
No sunroof. When I found water on the rugs, I did think of the window, leaving it open or leaking. But the headliner is above the rear sliding window. To visually inspect as you mentioned, can I just pull off the headliner? Or is there a tool to do this?

01-09-05, 09:18 AM   #4  
The headliner can "wick" the water. Usually the headliner is attacheh behind the window rubber.

I would water test that (I assume) high mount stop light.

Search this Thread