86 mercury needs your help

Old 01-09-05, 04:02 PM
jharvey73110
Visiting Guest
Angry 86 mercury needs your help

86 mercury grand marquis 5.0 engine brakes dont work. master cyl has been replaced.brakes worked for about 1-2 weeks now no brakes again. when you look on the block where all the lines are going to the wheels, there looks to be an electrical connector place where maybe some kind of wire was plugged in, but i can't see any wires. brake fliud is full. i was losing fluid but not much and not now. could someone please help me. my husband says i'm on my own with this now, he doesn't know what to do.

Last edited by jharvey73110; 01-09-05 at 07:29 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 01-09-05, 04:30 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Need to know which Merc. & which engine

Old 01-09-05, 04:38 PM
jharvey73110
Visiting Guest
86 mercury grand marquis 5.0 engine

Old 01-09-05, 04:46 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jharvey73110
when you look where all the lines are coming from, there looks to be a place where maybe some kind of wire was plugged in but i can't see any wires.
Brake lines on the MastCyl?
There's an electric-type connector?
Look around and see if you can find what's supposed to connect there

Who did the work? Take it back to them
If it was you, where did you get the MC, rebult or new, Ford/Merc or Autuzone?
Did you bench bleed it?

Old 01-09-05, 04:59 PM
jharvey73110
Visiting Guest
[QUOTE=jharvey73110 when you look where all the lines are coming from, there looks to be a place where maybe some kind of wire was plugged in but i can't see any wires. the place I'm talking about is on the block where all the lines go to the wheels. there is an electrical fitting on it. the master cyl came from ORiellys. tried to bench bleed my husband think it worked. he is the one who put it on. now he says he doesn't know what to do. all help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-05, 10:01 PM
jharvey73110
Visiting Guest
In Regard To 86 Mercury Needs Your Help. I Just Want To Say Thanks For The Advise I Found On Others With Brake Problems. I Replaced The New Master Cylinder That Was Just Put On It Was A Remanufactured One And It Was Bad. Then I Had Someone Help Me Bleed My Brakes, THEY WORK OK NOW.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: