Need help with door-1993 GMC Sierra

Old 01-09-05, 06:00 PM
Cathyann
Visiting Guest
Need help with door-1993 GMC Sierra

Help! It's snowing and cold here. I just went to the store and opened and shut the passenger door after putting in some bags. It worked fine. I got home, took out the bags and now the door won't shut. I don't mean just not tightly. It's as though there were something big blocking it from closing but I don't see anything there. I can't drive to work tomorrow morning like this. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-05, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Cathyann
Help! It's snowing and cold here. I just went to the store and opened and shut the passenger door after putting in some bags. It worked fine. I got home, took out the bags and now the door won't shut. I don't mean just not tightly. It's as though there were something big blocking it from closing but I don't see anything there. I can't drive to work tomorrow morning like this. Any ideas?
Cathyann open the door and see if the latch is allready in the latched position if so use the handle like you were going to open it and with a screw driver pull the latch back into the open position and use wd40 or another water displacement lube to lube it. Hope this helps. Jo

Old 01-10-05, 06:47 AM
Cathyann
Visiting Guest
Thank you so much! I had a restless night and woke up to the dark and cold to try your suggestion. It worked! Thanks so much for the simple and thorough directions and for saving me 2 or more cab fares as well as hours of stress, $ etc.

Old 01-10-05, 02:27 PM
Anytime cathyann, Glad I could be of service. Yell again anytime.