Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need help with door-1993 GMC Sierra

Visiting Guest

01-09-05, 06:00 PM   #1  
Cathyann
Need help with door-1993 GMC Sierra

Help! It's snowing and cold here. I just went to the store and opened and shut the passenger door after putting in some bags. It worked fine. I got home, took out the bags and now the door won't shut. I don't mean just not tightly. It's as though there were something big blocking it from closing but I don't see anything there. I can't drive to work tomorrow morning like this. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

IA

01-09-05, 08:36 PM   #2  
Posted By: Cathyann Help! It's snowing and cold here. I just went to the store and opened and shut the passenger door after putting in some bags. It worked fine. I got home, took out the bags and now the door won't shut. I don't mean just not tightly. It's as though there were something big blocking it from closing but I don't see anything there. I can't drive to work tomorrow morning like this. Any ideas?
Cathyann open the door and see if the latch is allready in the latched position if so use the handle like you were going to open it and with a screw driver pull the latch back into the open position and use wd40 or another water displacement lube to lube it. Hope this helps. Jo

Visiting Guest

01-10-05, 06:47 AM   #3  
Cathyann
Thank you so much! I had a restless night and woke up to the dark and cold to try your suggestion. It worked! Thanks so much for the simple and thorough directions and for saving me 2 or more cab fares as well as hours of stress, $ etc.

IA

01-10-05, 02:27 PM   #4  
Anytime cathyann, Glad I could be of service. Yell again anytime.

Search this Thread