Window replacement

Old 01-10-05, 12:46 PM
Window replacement

1995 Dodge b2500 cargo van. The right passenger window needs replacing. It has the small triangle vent window as well but it is the large window that must be replaced.

I got the handle off and the paneling off and the window and the thing that it's glued onto off. The problem is I don't know how to get the new glass out of a wreck or how to install it. The door is all one piece except for the thing in between the two windows. There is a large opening in the door but I don't see how a whole window will get in or out. I think it has to be worked from the top. I'm not sure how that will work either...I think it's voodoo!!!

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!!!

Chuck

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 02:56 PM
It goes in from the top and the window track is going to need loosened so it can be set aside. Its not as hard as it looks

Old 01-10-05, 03:12 PM
Another suggestion would be to place a buffer in the bottom of the door in case you should accidently lose you hold on the glass this cushion (rags) could be all that keeps you from buying a second glass. use a shop vac to remove the glass schards from the bottom of the door.

Old 01-10-05, 05:06 PM
Thank you!