Fog Light Install

Old 01-10-05, 06:08 PM
Id_do_anything
Visiting Guest
Fog Light Install

I'm getting a 1998 Mercury Mystique GS 2.0L I4, auto.. I want to install fog lights. How would I go about doing that? I know I can buy $40 lights, but would the install be really hard for a novice? I'm not the best in the world and i don't want to rip up the car. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 08:05 PM
Fog Light Kit

If you could find a Fog Lamp Kit it will have instructions. It's not just mounting
the lamps and installing a switch. It needs to fused and a relay installed to carry to load. Hope this helps!

Old 01-29-05, 09:58 AM
been there - done that.

My 99 Grand Prix already had fog lights but I wanted some auxillary driving lights. First thing you do is decide where you want them and then buy ones that fit. Make sure you get them centered on each side of the vehicle and on a solid surface so they aren't bouncing up and down when you drive. Fog lights will operate on the same principal, just at different times. I didn't want to have to reach for the switch every time I met an oncoming vehicle so I bought a relay and hooked the switch wire to the high beam circuit. Now, the fog lights come on with the low beams and the driving lights come on with the high beams. System has been in for about five years and is still working great. Good luck.

HM1950

Old 02-02-05, 11:21 AM
havoc128us
Visiting Guest
Talking

well ive installed a couple of sets and all you have to do is run wires from the lights to a toggle switch then to the battery