Grand Cherokee automatic stays in 2nd?

Old 01-11-05, 08:41 AM
Cape45
Visiting Guest
Grand Cherokee automatic stays in 2nd?

When I come to a stop at an intersection and then begin to accelerate, the transmission is in second. It seems to have not gone back to first so there is no power to pull out. Could this be vacuum related?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-05, 10:54 AM
hi
yes it could be the modulator valve. check the trans fluid also to make sure its full.

cheers

pgtek

Old 01-11-05, 02:30 PM
Well I don't know is it a 1974 or a 2004?Please read this http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=115340 we are not mind readers you need to help us help you.

Old 01-11-05, 11:37 PM
Cape45
Visiting Guest
ok... mea culpa

Alright... I get it.
It's a 2000 Grand Cherokee. Four wheel drive, six cylinder, automatic with overdrive.
I notice at idle it will rev itself up every ten seconds or so. This I figure is a vac problem. So, when it was not dropping into second I thought it might be a related vac problem.

Thanks to all, I've gotten a great deal of help on open forums. I've been posting whatever help I can supply also.

Old 01-12-05, 04:06 AM
Your trans is electronic so you should have it checked for codes.It may actually be starting out in 3rd gear due to an electrical fault.With the reving also being present you may have a loose ground or perhaps a corroded battery connection.Does it shift after pulling out in the wrong gear?