95 F150 Errectic Idle and Error Code 122\Trans Problems

Old 01-12-05, 06:24 PM
95 F150 Errectic Idle and Error Code 122\Trans Problems

My 95 Ford F150 has an erractic idle. It idles up to 1500 rpm and down to 500 to 600 rpm after warming up. It also feels like its going to die with pauses in acceleration and the gas peddle itself seems sticky. I took it to AutoZone and the diagnostic error code was 122 which points to a low input to a throttle position sensor. Any Suggestions.

Lastly the the transmission started shifting hard from 1st to 2nd\3rd. I had changed the tranny fluid\filter at 170k about a year ago with a bottle of Slick 50. I checked the tranny fluid and it did not smell but had bubbles in it\foamy. I repeated the treatment and it seems to be fine. For now. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-05, 07:37 PM
DTC Code 122 - indicates the (TP) throttle position sensor signal is less than minimum valve or voltage. Probably a bad sensor. Replace the sensor.

Old 01-15-05, 06:11 PM
Idle Problem

It appears that the sensor has resolved the imediate fast idle problem. The truck is drivable and a joy to drive. However, There still seems to be still a slight increase of idle speed, every 1 to 2 mintues of idle time in park. Is there another sensor that would have a slight impact on the engine RPMs?

Old 01-16-05, 04:07 AM
Rolling Idle? - After installing the TP sensor did you by any chance clear KAM (keep alive memory). What I would do is take the negative battey cable OFF for about 1 hour if not longer. This clears KAM and re-sets the computer to a green mode. Green Mode means that the computer will have to learn all specs again. Try this first!

Old 01-16-05, 04:23 AM
Rolling Idle

I will try it today. Thanks.

Search this Thread