Best repair manual for Dakota

Old 01-18-05, 04:55 AM
Best repair manual for Dakota

I just purchased a 1994 dakota and will need a service manual. I know Chiltons and Haynes are available bu would like to chose the best one and not get both. Or should I get one from Chrysler?

What does everyone recommend?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-05, 08:03 AM
rtta51
Visiting Guest
dakota manual

check out Books4cars .com Get the factory manual. best investment when getting a new or used car or truck.

Old 01-18-05, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the response. It appears the Dodge manual is $70. That's fairly steep. I've seen the Haynes manual at the parts store and it is about 3/4 inches thick. Of course, they are wrapped in plastic so you can't see what's in it. I would think a service manual would be larger. I've had Chilton's before on a 75 Dodge Charger and it seemed to leave out information (maybe it felt the reader already knew the info). I wasn't impressed. Does the factory manual help a novice or does it assume one is already a certified mechanic and just needs a minimum overview?

Is there anywhere to get the Dodge manual cheaper?

Old 01-19-05, 05:21 AM
Yesterday I posted a thread looking for a 99 Isuzu trooper repair manual and was given the great advice to check e-bay. I found the manufacturers shop repair manual on CD for only $4.00. I would check e-bay and see if you have the same luck.

Dana

Old 01-20-05, 05:41 AM
You might see if a Helms manual is available.

Old 01-25-05, 10:27 PM
imspacy
Visiting Guest
manual

I personally prefer a Haynes manual, to me they seem to have more info for the ordinary person. Go to an autozone store, they usually let you open the book and read some of it to see if you want it