Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Silly Question about starting 2000 Explorer

Visiting Guest

01-18-05, 12:10 PM   #1  
cgbm
Silly Question about starting 2000 Explorer

This may seem like a silly question, but is there any way to start the vehicle without pressing the "unlock" button on the remote? I have tried what I thought was every means available but still have to press the "unlock" button and hear that annoying horn honk twice. Thanks in advace for any info!

Sponsored Links

01-18-05, 08:23 PM   #2  
That's probably a FORD Dealer installed Remote System, Look under the dash for a small toggle switch. Switch the switch the other way, an ignition problem should stop. Keyless Entry System should still work fine. Note: Most of the time they try to hide these switches, So look for the Keyless Entry Module and switch should be close.

01-19-05, 09:41 PM   #3  
Not sure if this is a remote start or just the RKE. You should be able to have the starter interlock deprogrammed. I'm not sure about the RKE but for the remote start the process can be arduous and complicated. It is quite easy to botch other settings. I would suggest a quick trip to a GOOD dealer.

Search this Thread