1992 Isuzu Rodeo - Exhaust & Tranny

Old 01-21-05, 08:30 PM
Question 1992 Isuzu Rodeo - Exhaust & Tranny

Hi,

Wondering if someone can give me the opinion on whether I should go ahead with particular repairs or not. I recently went for my inspection and failed on an exhaust leak (it passed emissions though). Got an estimate from Monroe muffler to change the 2 pipes to manifold, y pipe, intermediate pipes, muffler, exhaust pipes and any related gaskets for $1069. I don't know if I should drop this kind of dough on such a repair.

I then brought the truck to a mechanic and he said that there is only a rotted gasket in the pipe to the manifold, and the muffler needed to be replaced. The only thing he was afraid of was that when he started to take things apart other parts of the system may crumble.

Please give me your opinions.

Secondly, to top things off. After Idling in a parking lot for a while I shifted the truck into reverse and stepped on the gas. The engine rev'ed but the car would not move until I really gave it gas. Then after I put it in drive, the same thing happened until I gained enough speed (around 30-40 mph). Is me tranny on the way out or might I just need tranny fluid or something.

Please HELP !

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-05, 04:12 AM
Check the trans fluid first and hopefully its just low. Before you spend alot on exhaust check the frame in the rear where it goes over the axle all the way to the back. Rodeo and trooper both have a frame rot issue and theres no sense in fixing anything if the rear end is going to fall out of it.