Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How to replace serpentine belt?

Visiting Guest

01-22-05, 04:12 PM   #1  
adamiecjr1
How to replace serpentine belt?

HI, I have a Caravan 3.3 with air that needs a serpentine belt replacement. How do I do it? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

01-22-05, 08:21 PM   #2  
Not a mechanic, but every car I've seen has a diagram under the hood showing the layout of the belt and where to adjust the tension (which you would have to loosen for old belt removal and new belt installation).

VA

01-23-05, 03:46 PM   #3  
I'm not sure what year

your Caravan is, I just randomly picked 1996 (this will cover up to a '99). This is from Autozone's web site, it looks like it has what you need. If a guessed the wrong year, then just go to the home page, select your vehicle, then click on repair guides, Tune-up and routine maintance, then belts. Here's the link for what I found: http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d801a3717.jsp

Hope this helps!

Group Moderator

FL

01-23-05, 06:47 PM   #4  
Do yourself a favor and if it's more than a couple years old, also replace the tensioner and idler pulleys. Cheap insurance to prevent eating a brand new belt when one of them lets go two weeks after you did the belt.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread