Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 dodge dakota heater coil

AL

01-23-05, 06:49 PM   #1  
95 dodge dakota heater coil

my daughter-in-law has a 95 dodge dakota (all i know is a 4 cylinder).her temperature gauge wasn't moving and the heater was just blowing out above normal temp heat.so i replace the thermostat,now the gauge is working fine but the heater is still not blowing out heat like it should. i think i'll blow out the heater coil before i buy one but ? is can i blow it out with a water hose? i didn't think about seeing if the hose was hot or not.if i replaced the thermostat,and blow out heater coil,and it still doesn't get hot, what would yall suggest? it seems like the control arm is opening all the way but i haven't looked at it only listened to it when i slide the control arm.any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links

01-24-05, 01:29 AM   #2  
Yes, you can flush out the core with a hose. Try flushing it in both directions using both hose fittings on the core at the firewall. After you hook the hoses back up, both hoses should be reall hot to the touch, if not you might have some air in the system that needs to be bled out.

Search this Thread