Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'96 Monte Carlo dash lights and radiolights needs replacing

Visiting Guest

01-24-05, 07:46 PM   #1  
foxbat5150
'96 Monte Carlo dash lights and radiolights needs replacing

Bought the car a few weeks ago and trying to fix the little things.

The Haynes manual does not address the lamp replacement of the AC switches and heat sliders. I don't want to remove the wrong components for access to lamps.

I also have a few button lamps(station selector) out on the radio. It has the original am/fm/cassette unit with the theftlock system. Can I replace the lamps myself or is it a lost cause?

Thanks for the help! This forum has saved my "butt" everytime!

Joe in Miami

Sponsored Links

01-25-05, 04:18 AM   #2  
I don't think you can replace bulbs in the radio it would need to be sent out for repair and be reinstalled it may end up locked and need unlocked after install.The hvac lights may be servicable,go to the dealer and ask the parts dept if the bulbs are available seperate from the hvac control if they are you are good to go but may have to order them.

Visiting Guest

01-26-05, 06:37 PM   #3  
foxbat5150
Thanks Davo!

Had a feeling the radio was going to be an "outside" job.

While going to work today, I turned on the heat and when I pushed the "sliders" up to regulate the heat, the lights came on for a minute! The HVAC selector switch and the left "slider" went dark and when I moved the "slider" again, they came on for a few seconds and went dark again!

Guess I'm going to have to go under the dash and poke around!

Thanks for your help!

Joey in Miami

Search this Thread