Tips on buying tires

Old 01-25-05, 10:44 AM
Tips on buying tires

I have a Grand Caravan 02 Sport and I need new tires 215 70 15. Everyone garantees the lowest price. I really don't know what to look for. I don't want the cheapest but not the best, is this what I say to the salesman? Give me something in the middle? All Season.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-05, 03:38 PM
If you want middle of the road ask for middle of the road.You will be comparing apples to oranges though.If there is someone you have bought tires from in the past and trust them I would ask their opinion on what you need based on how long and how many miles you drive and how long you are keeping the vehicle.Generally speaking the more expensive the longer they will last and the cheapo tires will get about 10k miles if you are lucky.Tires are priced according to how long they will last in my opinion.Also it seems that the better tire will actually save you money in the long run if you drive alot or keep the vehicle a long time.Since this is a tire thread I would bet desi will chime in as he is in the tire buisiness and I got out of it 5 years ago so he may have a different perspective other than mine.