Brake line flush on 95 GMC sonoma truck

Old 01-28-05, 10:27 AM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Brake line flush on 95 GMC sonoma truck

I have read about a new product that allows you to pressure flush your brake lines at home, and I am interested in getting this product as I have two vehicles I can do at home. My question is, is it ok to flush the brake lines on vehicles with ABS brakes? Would I have any problem with doing the GMC vehicle in perticular, the other vehicle is a 91 Jeep Wrangler and does not have ABS brakes. The product allows you to build up about 15 lbs of pressure on the llines, than drain each line until clean fluid comes out. The pressurized holder holds enough fluid to do two or three vehicles, so I would not be a waste of fluid if you have more than one car to do. I just want to know if its a safe way to do the ABS system?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-05, 01:52 PM
You should be ok with that just don't let the fluid run dry.You could just open all the bleeder screws and leave the master cylinder cap off and do the same thing just keep filling the master and close the bleeders after clear fluid appears.

Old 01-28-05, 02:13 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Thanks Davo, would I open all the lines at the on set, or try to do one at a time until it runs clear, close it, and move onto another line?? It sounds like it would be messier to do it with all lines open at one time.

Old 01-28-05, 04:33 PM
If you have 4 rubber hoses and 4 glass jars it won't be messy.

Old 01-28-05, 06:16 PM
That equipment has to be worth more than a few bucks if it's any good at all and you'll likely have to buy adapters for your vehicle. I can't see how doing that would be more economical that paying a shop the $60-$80 they charge to do it. Any decent pressure bleeder is going to be over $200.

Old 01-29-05, 01:43 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies...I don't know about any adapters, but the main tool was $50 and it looked like it would do a good job, however, Davos way is cheaper, and sounds like something I could do. The $50 would have been worth it cause I have two vehicles I need to do this to, but not it it does not work to begin with. Thanks for the info, I will stick with gravity bleed into a hose & bottle and that should do it.

Old 02-10-05, 03:25 AM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Much easier power flush

With no one around to pump the brakes I recently borrowed my neighbors hand powered Mighty Vac pump. Attached collection bottle and suctioned fluid thru the lines one wheel at a time. Easy as pie!