1996 Ford Contour headlamp lens

Old 01-29-05, 05:50 PM
1996 Ford Contour headlamp lens

The headlamp lenses on the Contour have yellowed to the point where the light output is seriously reduced. I have already purchased the new lamp and lens assemblies; however not being a frequent auto DIY I can't see what is holding those things in there. How do I get the old ones out? I hope this does not involve dropping the bumper or something like that!

PS: I post replies over on the plumbing and electrical sections of this forum group. SO, it's not that I am a mechanical clutz. I am an experienced plumber and ( in a former life) a Navy ET but for many, many years I have left all my auto work to my favorite mechanic. I just thought this would be a simple little thing I could do myself, and it appears it may not be so simple. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Jim O'

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-05, 04:37 AM
1)First remove the turn signal/park lamp lens. One screw under the hood by the grille. Pull straight out.
2)Must remove the battery on the driver's side.
3)Reaching behind the headlamp assembly,remove the 3 clips that hold it to the grille opening. Pull straight out.

Old 01-30-05, 01:05 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I had looked at the back of the assembly, and just didn't realize that those clips were it.

As always, these forums really come through for us!

Search this Thread