sliverado blower motor

Old 01-29-05, 06:38 PM
Cool sliverado blower motor

I have a 96 silverado, 5.7 l engine. Last night after we left the restaraunt the heater blower wouldnt come on. Also, when the blowers not blowing, I couldnt change the air directional doors either, normally you can hear them change from defrost to vents to floor etc. Just when I was resigned to freeze all the way home, it just came on and started working fine, allthough the wife detected a quiet 'ticking' noise coming from the direction of the blower. It worked fine all the way home, but when I started the truck this morning and checked it, it didnt blow at all, nor could I change vents again. All fuses are good. Is it wired so that the air direction cant be changed if the blowers not blowing? Ill swap out the blower if neccessary, or perhaps theres a relay or something electrical getting weak? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-05, 08:01 PM
What was the temp outside when you had this problem?
Billy

Old 01-30-05, 05:44 AM
96 silverado blower motor

The temp was in the upper 20's f.

Old 01-30-05, 08:50 AM
It could be a relay sticking due to the cold. They will do this when they get weak. See if you can find the relay and swap it with another one that is the same. See if that solves your problem.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 01-30-05, 12:51 PM
silverado blower motor

Hey Billy thanks for your input..I opened the truck door this morn, turned on the key and the blower worked fine, the air gates worked too. It was about 20 degrees outside. Makes me think the relay is weak, but where is it? I didnt see it in the box under the hood nor in the fuse panel in the cab. I did see the A.C. relay under the hood, and one that was labeled A.I.R., but not one for the blower. Any ideas? The blower does have a squeak in it when it runs on low so i may need to give it a shot of wd 40!

Old 01-30-05, 04:48 PM
There are 3 relays. One for High, low and medium. They are all together on top of the heater box under the passenger side of the dash.
Billy

Search this Thread