Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

bringing 1990 trooperII bk to life

Visiting Guest

01-30-05, 05:33 PM   #1  
backyardhndyman
bringing 1990 trooperII bk to life

i got a 1990 isuzu trooper that i had parked fer 3 yrs because ran ruff and didnt need it but now found it had bad cap n rotor and week plugs which i have all chge also checked fuses which are good it gets gas and fires but wont quite stare it sounds like it wants to but not quite i smell exhaust though not sure if it is plugged and distributor turns so belt or chain shld not be snapped wondering if any1 has any ideas as to what i can try next i am going to try chgin plug wires next just wondering if any1 had any other ideas any help wld be appreciated

Sponsored Links

WV

01-30-05, 06:04 PM   #2  
It ran rough before you parked it and now after sitting 3 years it wont run at all?!?! Check the basics, fuel and fire. If you have these then check plugs, wires. You are on the right path, just check everything closely before you start replacing things.
Good Luck,
Billy

Visiting Guest

01-30-05, 06:10 PM   #3  
backyardhndyman
thx

yes it ran b4 i parked it and i have fuel i pulled the plugs out and the #1 seems to b firing and appears as though the #3 is once in a while but when i puled the #2 and 4 they looked soaked and dint appear to have fired at all i have replace all of them and still sounds like it fires but not quite enuff to run as i said going to try plug wires next crossing my fingers hoping for sum luck b4 spring lol

Search this Thread