Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1998 Taurus turn signal failure

01-30-05, 07:47 PM   #1  
1998 Taurus turn signal failure

I have a 1998 Taurus that the turn signals and Hazard lights stopped working. After some looking I found that the multifunction switch was the problem. I couldn't find any thing specific for the problem on the web until I found this http://www.theiowaharvest.com/harves...es/000208.html
The flasher in my 98 which was not the problem was a blue box located in the area described. I found sanding the points in the multifunction switch eliminated the problem...i replaced the switch to avoid problems in the near future.

Sponsored Links

MA

01-31-05, 06:15 AM   #2  
Thanks for the great post squeal. I had posted earlier about a similiar problem in my 98'taurus.
Was surprised that the fix was so expensive and involved.
Hopefully when it warms up here in th northeast i'll be able to get to it.

WV

01-31-05, 06:17 AM   #3  
Glad you were able to get your problem fixed. It sounds like you will probably need a new multi-function switch in the near future.
Good Luck,
Billy

Visiting Guest

01-31-05, 10:11 AM   #4  
drkp187
I had same problem on 95 taurus. I took it apart, cleaned all contacts, and now working well. You don't allways have to replace old parts, they can be cleaned and put back into service.

Search this Thread