94 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Stalls While Driving

Old 11-20-01, 05:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Security System

1992 acura legend, 4-door, in great condition. Recently the car's alarm system will go off for no reason. Mostly during the late evening or early morning hours. I turn it off, then less than 10 minutes later it goes off again.
I did have some stereo system done on this. For the last 2-nites I had to leave the doors unlocked. Is there something I can do, to fix this, or disconnect the security system.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-05, 06:57 AM
shiftymatman
Visiting Guest
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Stalls While Driving

Vehicle Was Running Just Fine - I Use Premium Gas - Filled Up And Drove For About 100 Miles When The Vehicle Stalled And Wouldn't Start For About A Hour, Then It Did But It Would Stall Again But Would Start Right Back Up. Now It Runs Fine, Don't Know For How Long This Will Work. Any Thoughts On What Might Have Been The Cause.

Shiftymatman

Old 01-31-05, 07:14 AM
I dont know whats going on with the 2 posts in one, but i will try to answer both here.

First with the alarm system, if you have had stereo work and now the problem is apparent then you should take it back to where you had the work done and get them to undo whatever they hooked into your alarm system. They may have also boosted your sensitivity on your alarm and any dog, or cat, or high wind will cause it to go off. Check that out and let us know.
Billy

For the Jeep problem... Sound like you may have gotten some bad gas or your fuel system had a burp. As long as it is running fine I wouldnt wworry about it, but I would stay away from that station. We recently had a problem with some severely watered down gas at a station down the road. So I know thats not an uncommon problem.
Post back if it happens again.
Good Luck,
Billy

Old 02-06-05, 06:47 AM
shiftymatman
Visiting Guest
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee - still stalling while driving

undefinedWell the Jeep is stalling while driving. it runs for about 5 mins sometime, then it stalls, but so far, it always starts back up. Any thoughts.