Honda Accord engine packed with snow

Old 01-31-05, 06:57 AM
Honda Accord engine packed with snow

Good Morning - I have a weird problem with my Honda Accord. Its a 2000 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 30k miles, 4 cyl, automatic. After a blizzard last weekend I unearthed my car from the pile of snow it was under, but it wouldn't start. All I was getting was a fast clicking sound from the ignition. When I opened the hood I saw that the entire engine compartment had been filled with snow - I can only imagine it blew up from underneath during the storm. After brushing some of the snow away we were able to start the car using jumper cables. I left it running for half an hour, turned it off, and started it back up fine. Yesterday (one week after the storm) I tried to start it again and it was doing the same thing (the clicking - no turnover). I hadn't driven it at all last week. I'm bringing it to the dealer tomorrow to have it looked at, but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of such a thing or has any ideas what it might be? I've never seen an engine fill with snow like that - it was bizarre. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-05, 07:05 AM
It sounds like you may have a very weak battery, Im betting you have the original batter in there and it is probably the culprit. When you get it checked at the dealer, im sure they will also do a charging system test to be sure there are no other underlying problems. You are certainly on the right track. I dont think the snow had anything to do with your problem, just coincedence.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 01-31-05, 07:23 AM
I wondered the same thing about the battery. Perhaps its just not getting a proper charge. Thanks for your reply!

Old 01-31-05, 04:25 PM
Battery

I am also with a weak battery The snow just made it worse.Once you get a new battery start car and drive it around to melt all the snow and get it nice and dry.Modren batterys only last about 3-4 years and if you are lucky maybe 5.

Search this Thread