Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1998 Mazda Transmission

Visiting Guest

01-31-05, 08:55 AM   #1  
Johnnie Y
1998 Mazda Transmission

My 1998 Mazda B2500 6 cylinder, automatic transmission would not shift when I attained speed of 40mph, I could hear it trying to shift into another gear it wouldn’t, also the speedometer would jump around and go to zero. Figured if it had to do with transmission why would speedometer be affected? I was driving for at least 30 minutes and all was fine, then it happened all of a sudden. Stopped to check fluid level, okay. Decided to drive home slowly (under 40). Every time I approached 40mph; transmission would act up again. Halfway home (another 15-20 minutes) everything is fine, all problems disappeared. Took it to transmission shop, I’m told it could be transmission sensor, he has replaced many. Total cost approximately $520, which includes the diagnostics (already done), fluid replacement, flushing of system and replacement of sensor. Does this sound correct?

Sponsored Links

02-01-05, 04:47 PM   #2  
If the sensor is internal to the trans and requires removal of the trans that sounds about right.I am not familiar with your cars trans design so I only offer an opinion.

Search this Thread