95' Chev Lumina

Old 01-31-05, 07:24 PM
deelumina
Visiting Guest
Question 95' Chev Lumina

95' Chev Lumina Mini Van is stalling out and loosing power, some days not a thing but other days major stalling when staring and during driving. We changed the fuel filter and the stalling still occurs. The cam sensors was changed. Spark plugs changed about 1 year ago. It some times jumps down the road when accelerating or decelerating. The mechanics said miss fire still exist after repairs suspected timing chain. I thought this Van had a timing belt? or has any one had problems similar to this and give us some insight

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-05, 04:11 AM
Check the fuel pressure with a guage before you go any further.Your car does have a timing chain but it would not be good 1 day and bad the next.Have they checked the crank sensor.How about the coils and wires?

Old 02-01-05, 07:39 AM
deelumina
Visiting Guest
Red face Reply to cam sensor

Thank you so much for your response.

The cam sensor was checked and the wires have been checked. I should also mention a vibration that is occurring now, when driving. (We did have a tire replaced.) Sometimes it feel as if I have no power and then it will kick in and I will accelerate. Not to mention the jumping down the road. Could it be the fuel pump I understand it is inside the gas tank. Does this vehicle have a timing chain or belt? How do you check the fuel pressure?

Old 02-01-05, 04:02 PM
You would have to attach a pressure guage to the valve near the power steering pump to test fuel pressure.I will state for a second time that you have a timing chain.I also think you have a bad coil or more than 1 and bad wires.If you decide to fix it put new plugs in again in case there is carbon tracking at the plug end of the wire.The sensor you were asked to check was a crank sensor not cam sensor.I think a set of wires,plugs and 1 or more coils will fix the problem if I'm understanding your description of the problem.Look for white corrosion or black soot at the coils and plugs and let us know what you find.

Search this Thread