Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2001 Sebring 2.7V6NoDashHeatAtStopLite?

Visiting Guest

02-01-05, 02:39 PM   #1  
JamesTiberius
2001 Sebring 2.7V6NoDashHeatAtStopLite?

Got a pal who stops as required at lites and loses all heat out of the windshield vents, but has heatt from the side vents.
Dealer says do a rad flush.
Right; this thing has 15,000 miles on it, and the collant is good for at least 50K, and then they said the thermostat housing may be cracked, and this is why, but there is no coolant loss, so...
No help from dealer, and I think it is a glitch in the way these cars do things to save fuel, but help if you can; as I can pull wrenches all day long , if I get something done.Thanks for the advise!!

Sponsored Links

WV

02-02-05, 04:23 PM   #2  
Yes, 15,000 miles, but it is 4 years old. Coolant is usually good from 3 to 5 years. Most maintenance schedules are every 2 years. I know Chrysler offers a 5 year coolant, but I dont think that vehicle uses it. So that would tell me that it could need replacing. Plus if it is original and only 15k on it then you could have a low coolant level problem. Or an obstruction in the coolant system not allowing proper flow.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Visiting Guest

02-02-05, 08:49 PM   #3  
z999
You haven't lost a few cigarrete lighters down the top vents have you ?

Search this Thread