Frustrated with my honda

Old 02-02-05, 11:01 AM
havoc128us
Visiting Guest
Angry Frustrated with my honda

i have an 1989 honda civic crx si and the problem i have is in the electrical system somewhere, what is happening is sometimes the car won't crank due to the brand new fuel pump not coming on and pumping fuel to the engine. please help i really need this car to run!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-05, 04:01 PM
What do you do to get it to crank after it acts up? Usually and electrical problem wont come and go at random like that, unless you have an intermittent short somewhere. What was the reason you changed the fuel pump? Was the old one actually bad?
Billy

Old 02-03-05, 12:31 PM
Master101
Visiting Guest
Check the Main Relay underneath the steering wheel if it's defective. If the Main Relay goes bad it won't allow the fuel pump to work.

Old 02-03-05, 03:31 PM
havoc128us
Visiting Guest
well ive discovered that the problem is under the dash in 1 of 2 relays the book(haynes manual) says that the main relay has 8 prongs on it but the taht ticks when i turn the key only has 4. How do i go about installing a dead man switch that is bypassing this relay and is that safe?

Old 02-03-05, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by havoc128us
well ive discovered that the problem is under the dash in 1 of 2 relays the book(haynes manual) says that the main relay has 8 prongs on it but the taht ticks when i turn the key only has 4. How do i go about installing a dead man switch that is bypassing this relay and is that safe?
If the relay is bad why not just replace it?

Old 02-04-05, 05:19 PM
I had an experience were my Jimmy would turn over but sometimes the fuel pump wouldn't come on. So it wouldn't start. Then sometimes it took right off.
When the car won't start do you have spark? My problem ended up being an ignition switch. Just a thought.