Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 town & country

NC

02-02-05, 02:47 PM   #1  
2000 town & country

thanks for the help.. My wife came home a few minutes ago and told me the service engine soon light had come on while driving it. It looks like a little yellow engine on the dash. She said when it came on the car sort of acted like it was something with the transmission. But she came on home on it and ran fine. I cranked it the light came on and it seems to be fine,but the light is still on. All the fluids are good (oil,transmission fluid,brake fluid) although i did add some water to container because it did'nt look like any was in it. Would appreciate anyones opinion on this and what you think it might be,and how do i get the light off......OR do i need to take it to the dealer,shop??..thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

TX

02-02-05, 03:02 PM   #2  
Tip

I have been in these fourms for quite a long time.I will tell you what info you need to get a fast response from the experts.
They will tell you that you need to go the Auto Zone and get the codes stored in your computer and post back with the results.Do not buy anything from them just have them scan for codes and give you the numbers.

WV

02-02-05, 03:15 PM   #3  
Exactly what Michael said. There are literally hundreds of things that will cause that light to come on. Get it checked out and let us know what the codes are. We can better assist you that way.
Billy

NC

02-04-05, 08:22 AM   #4  
2000 town & country

thanks guys for helping me out here:I had the fella down at advance put the scanner on the car (which i did'nt know they would do),and he said the # was 0733. He said it was probably just a bad sensor...Brought the car back home til i hear from one of you ...thanks

WV

02-04-05, 02:17 PM   #5  
P0733 means that the transmission Control Module (TCM) has detected a fault in the gear ratio of 3rd gear. What Alldata is telling me is that you have several possible problems none of which are simple or backyard fixes. A Chrysler dealership might be in order here as what I am seeing is most likely an internal failure. In a nutshell Alldata is saying you either have seal failure, or out of spec fluid pressures. I personally would get it in to the shop and get it checked out. The dealer would better serve you with this problem.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Search this Thread