91 prelude

Old 02-04-05, 07:33 AM
hondagirl
Visiting Guest
91 prelude

My question is: took my 91 Prelude for a new Timing belt 95142 replaced and Oil pan gasket, Valve cover gasket, Ball joint (upper) and bl. heater replaced. Now after getting my car back the cruise control is not working, the lights come on but can't set speed, can you give me any advice on this problem and could this be related to the above work I had done??
Thank you for any information you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-05, 11:45 AM
emi
Visiting Guest
Red face Cruisin' Honda

Originally Posted by hondagirl
My question is: took my 91 Prelude for a new Timing belt 95142 replaced and Oil pan gasket, Valve cover gasket, Ball joint (upper) and bl. heater replaced. Now after getting my car back the cruise control is not working, the lights come on but can't set speed, can you give me any advice on this problem and could this be related to the above work I had done??
Thank you for any information you can provide.
If you had all of the work done professionally and you have all of your documentation, bring it back. There is a good chance that it is just something stupid and they should not have a problem with that.

Old 02-04-05, 01:03 PM
Group Moderator
That was a fair amount of work and in several locations on the car. I agree; what they'll probably find is a connector somewhere that either was not connected or was not fully seated.

Keep in mind however that things break at odd times, even sometimes right after having been in the shop, so just the coincidence of it happening when it did may or may not be related to the work.

Old 02-04-05, 03:30 PM
I agree I think something may have been unintentionally left disconnected.I think there is a cruise control part that needs removed to do a belt on those but it's been a while.