Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

dead 1994 Nissan

Visiting Guest

02-07-05, 10:59 PM   #1  
donp0910
dead 1994 Nissan

My 1994 Nissan Sentra just died on me the other day. I have a 4 cylinder. It will not turn over or anything. The lights still go on but when I turn the key I get nothing? Could somebody shed some light as to what the problem could be???

Sponsored Links

CANADA

02-08-05, 09:20 AM   #2  
Car died

If nothing happen when you turn the key there could be many possibilities.Your battery might be drained or alternator shot,your fuel pump could be shot,your neutral safety switch(if equipped with an automatic transmission could be malfonctionning)you could have a broken timing belt or chain.I would fix the easy stuff first like the battery and try to recharge it.If the alternator light comes on then there is something wrong with the charging system.Make sure you have fuel pressure...a bad fuel pump will cut out the flow pressure to the engine and it will be impossible to start.A broken timing belt or chain(depending on your car model) will give you some warning before it breaks and if you are lucky enough it won't damage the pistons...make sure your engine is a non interference engine(I hope).Good luck

Search this Thread