Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need diagram for 1982 volvo fuel injection on a cis engine

Visiting Guest

02-08-05, 02:45 AM   #1  
johnierocket
need diagram for 1982 volvo fuel injection on a cis engine

hey everyone this is my 1st post so bear with me. I recently purchased a 1982 volvp 244dl. it has the CIS system with a fuel distributor and a air-fuel sensor. I had to remove all of the hoses from the distributor for cleaning and forgot to mark the locations of the hoses before I took them off. I need to know where the hoses go on the distributor.the hoses that go from the fuel injectors to the fuel distributor.any hekp would be greatly appreciated,

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-08-05, 03:08 PM   #2  
johnierocket
1982 volvo 244dl

is there anyone on here who might have a volvo of the same year? I need to know which injector hose goes to which inlet on the fuel distributor. can anyone help?

WV

02-10-05, 05:23 PM   #3  
Which Engine do you have. There are 3 different engines with the 2.1 having 3 different setups. There is the B21F, the B21A (Can) and the B21FT FI Turbo. I need this info to proceed.
Thanks,
Billy

NY

02-15-05, 11:33 AM   #4  
Hi;
Used to have a 244 Gl. best car I ever had. Easy, and fun, to work on. Minor problems but nothing spetacular. Had the books, and lots of spare parts, but gave them away when I donated the car last year to a charity.
Go to your local ( or any) library and check out Chilton's foreign car books. The routing is in there. Some libraries will have them available for checkout or in their reference section. Just as stated know what engine you have and if it is American specific. Canadian cars usually still have a manual choke mounted near the steering column on the dash. It is probably a B21F as Turbo is usually 6 cyl.
There is another company based in England that puts out the books but that is a lesson in linguistics to read and some of their routings, and specs, are different then ours (US) :-). Investigate various sources and consider buying the books for that car. Parts are hard to come by though. Some manufacturers, distributors, don't even carry knockoffs anymore as car is considered too old. I was buying repair pieces from local junkyards and even that became hard to do. :-)
As with anything mark the hoses in the future, same as spark plug wires. I had marked with magic marker on the cyl head the numbers of the cyl ( in case I forgot! LOL!!) and used medical adhesive tape to make a tag, with a number, to wrap around the appropiate hose. Got dirty but readable.

Search this Thread