Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need help with smell of gas when driving car

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 08:16 AM   #1  
cruz
need help with smell of gas when driving car

i have a 1991 toyta 2 door torcel while car is being drove you start to smell gas i do not know where to start looking for gas leak can anyone help with my problem i need info. please help!!!!

Sponsored Links

02-14-05, 01:00 PM   #2  
Look for wet places around the injector o-rings, fuel lines where the connect to the injector rails. In geneal just do a good visual for moisture in the engine compartment. I would do this "REAL SOON" could be real dangerous.

NY

02-15-05, 11:13 AM   #3  
Hi;
In addition to what is previously posted, a suggestion would to be to have a helper press lightly on the gas (with the car in park or neutral, and brakes on of course!) and look for gas leaks in fuel lines and as stated in the other post.
I once had a Volvo where I had the same problem. It was only by chance that I was checking something else when I found that the gas line had become porous and was emitting gas in a fine spay for almost the whole length of the hose in the engine compartment. It was such a fine spray that it would be evaporated with no residue ,but the vapors were horrific, by the time I got out and looked under the hood . Also would not leak unless under pressure from fuel pump. Found this on a trip home while on the highway. Inteeeresting ride until I got off highway and bought new hose.

Search this Thread