windows wont go

Old 02-12-05, 04:34 PM
amyqueenbee
Visiting Guest
windows wont go

Hello, I ahve a 93 olds sillhouette van 3.8 v6 and the windows want move one is up and one is down..wouldnt be such a crisis if it wasnt febuary in illinois with a window stuck in down position...anyhow...all fuses in box have been checked and all ok..what else should i be looking for? i cant find anyother box or fuses that i should be looking at...please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-05, 04:59 PM
Is the window lock on?

Old 02-12-05, 05:01 PM
amyqueenbee
Visiting Guest
it doesnt have a window lock option..would it have anything to do with the relay system? i cant find like a "black box" under the hood. my last vehicle had that and there were larger fuses. but i couldnt find that in this vehicle

Old 02-12-05, 05:25 PM
Never seen a power window system that didn't have a lock. Would be a serious saftey hazard.

Old 02-12-05, 05:55 PM
amyqueenbee
Visiting Guest
where would it be? its not located anywhere that the power up and down switch is.

Old 02-12-05, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by amyqueenbee
where would it be? its not located anywhere that the power up and down switch is.
There should be a circuit breaker for the power windows, and 1 for the power locks. Swap these breakers and see what happens. I they continue to not work, I would suspect the master switch itself or a bad ground.

Old 02-12-05, 07:58 PM
amyqueenbee
Visiting Guest
thank you but where would i finf this circuit breaker...sry i feel like such n idiot with this van!

Old 02-12-05, 08:24 PM
amyqueenbee
Visiting Guest
Toyotaman..I dont have a window lock button...i have a 2000 montana and it doesnt have one either! unless its something im not seeing..but i didnt think i was that goofy

Old 02-12-05, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by amyqueenbee
thank you but where would i finf this circuit breaker...sry i feel like such n idiot with this van!
The circuit breakers would be in the fuse block, I beleive. Look in the owner's manual index for fuses. Its been a while since I have worked on a van like yours to remember where everything is.