Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

windows wont go

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 04:34 PM   #1  
amyqueenbee
windows wont go

Hello, I ahve a 93 olds sillhouette van 3.8 v6 and the windows want move one is up and one is down..wouldnt be such a crisis if it wasnt febuary in illinois with a window stuck in down position...anyhow...all fuses in box have been checked and all ok..what else should i be looking for? i cant find anyother box or fuses that i should be looking at...please help!

Sponsored Links

02-12-05, 04:59 PM   #2  
Is the window lock on?

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 05:01 PM   #3  
amyqueenbee
it doesnt have a window lock option..would it have anything to do with the relay system? i cant find like a "black box" under the hood. my last vehicle had that and there were larger fuses. but i couldnt find that in this vehicle

02-12-05, 05:25 PM   #4  
Never seen a power window system that didn't have a lock. Would be a serious saftey hazard.

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 05:55 PM   #5  
amyqueenbee
where would it be? its not located anywhere that the power up and down switch is.

02-12-05, 06:32 PM   #6  
Posted By: amyqueenbee where would it be? its not located anywhere that the power up and down switch is.
There should be a circuit breaker for the power windows, and 1 for the power locks. Swap these breakers and see what happens. I they continue to not work, I would suspect the master switch itself or a bad ground.

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 07:58 PM   #7  
amyqueenbee
thank you but where would i finf this circuit breaker...sry i feel like such n idiot with this van!

Visiting Guest

02-12-05, 08:24 PM   #8  
amyqueenbee
Toyotaman..I dont have a window lock button...i have a 2000 montana and it doesnt have one either! unless its something im not seeing..but i didnt think i was that goofy

02-12-05, 08:29 PM   #9  
Posted By: amyqueenbee thank you but where would i finf this circuit breaker...sry i feel like such n idiot with this van!
The circuit breakers would be in the fuse block, I beleive. Look in the owner's manual index for fuses. Its been a while since I have worked on a van like yours to remember where everything is.

Search this Thread