1989 Blazer Door Won't Shut

Old 02-13-05, 06:40 AM
1989 Blazer Door Won't Shut

The latch on the door of the blazer has turned around. I aways thought that you just kept turning this latch and it would click back around but I can't get this one to turn. I was wondering if there is some type of mechanism in the latch that you have to adjust to get the latch to turn. Thanks for your advise
Dwight

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-05, 06:50 AM
IF you are talking about what I think you are (the piece of the latch that covers the striker has rotated in without the striker in place) then the easiest thing to do is to take a screwdriver and lay it in the latch just like the striker lies in there with the door closes and use the door handle like you are trying to open the door. I have done this many times. Let me know if this is actually what you are talking about.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 02-13-05, 06:56 AM
Do you mean the round post on the door pillar? They take a large torx bit to turn them. when it is loose you can move it up-down & in-out to adjust.

I just redd billy's post and he may have figured out what you meant. If that is it the latch will click open when you use the door handle.

Old 02-13-05, 08:16 AM
got it fixed

It is what Billy was talking about the latch on the door. Thanks for your quick reply I got it fixed there is a mechanism type spring at the top that you have to push in and then pull the latch back down.

Old 02-13-05, 08:20 AM
Thats great. Im glad you got it fixed. You might want to lubricate the latch real good to help keep it from doing this again. I like to use White Grease (thats the name of it) on latches and hinges. It works pretty quick and because it is thick it stays in there for a good while.
Billy