Power Window off tracks

Old 02-14-05, 11:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power Window off tracks

I have a '95 Nissan Maxima and the back door window just fell down off the tracks. I've heard once you open the door panel to see inside you could break some of the electronics.

Any suggestions on how to fix this without going to the dealership?
Thanks,
chris

Old 02-16-05, 10:05 AM
C
Sounds like the window regulator went out. I have never done a window regulator on a Maxima, but I have done three of the four for my '94 Camry (just waiting on the fourth one to go).

Rockauto.com shows the regulators you'll need without motor for under $40, which probably means you can get them locally for ~$60 or so. It's good that they can be bought without the motor as your problem does not sound motor related. I wasn't so lucky on the Camry regulators...I had to buy the whole thing.

As far as breaking the electronics, I suppose if you were using a crow bar to take the door panel off, that is true. Again, I don't have experience with Maxima's, but I can't imagine it's that complex. If you have any mechanical ability, you should be able to do it. Be patient, look for hidden screws, and maybe someone with Nissan experience can post any snafu's of Maxima door panels.

Old 02-16-05, 04:00 PM
Typical problem on Nissan window regulator, I'd recommend buying a new regulator from Nissan 'cause there are known and has been updated to better regulator assembly, if you running into trouble on how to remove the door panel and replacing regulator, post back and I or other will guide you through, it's not that hard and no special tools needed. You just need some basic tools like Philip head screwdrivers, needle nose pliers 10mm socket, rachet and small pocket screwdriver for removing door opener bezel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: